About Nbisiing Secondary School
Nbisiing Secondary School is a First Nation's operated and provincially-inspected private secondary school offering a wide variety of high school courses with an emphasis on the needs and aspirations of First Nations’ students.
We offer a wide range of secondary school courses leading to a provincial secondary school diploma.
Our small class size, coupled with our emphasis on academic excellence and aboriginal pride gives students the skills to succeed.
On January 10, 2000 the students and staff moved into the new $3.3 million Education and Community Complex on Nipissing First Nation. This move was the culmination of many years of hard work on the part of the Chief and Council and many dedicated members of the Nation to fulfill a dream of having their own school in the community.
Nbisiing Secondary School represents the new vision of Education in the Nation with emphasis on the traditions and values passed down by the Elders as well as the hopes and dreams of the learners for the future.
Our school is proud to offer:
• the latest in computer technology and hardware
• a fully functional science laboratory
• a full-size gymnasium
• weight room equipment, including cardiovascular exercise equipment and a universal weight machine
• a comfortable student lounge
At Nbisiing Secondary School, our staff will strive to ensure that every student will be provided with:
• an understanding for the historical and cultural aspects of their First Nation’s ancestry
• an educational program that will meet the individual’s learning needs
• opportunities to acquire the communication, social, financial and employment skills necessary for success in life
• a school environment where students will realize and excel at their full potential